20.8.16

My first succulents

It is so satisfying to see your little succulent leaves grow some roots and new leaves that are going to become a whole new plant that I wanted to share my first try at propagating succulents from leaves !


So I went to a few plant nurseries next to my house in Corsica and only one of them had succulents. Big ones ! So I collected a few leaves off the ground and took them home.

After just a week this was how my leaves looked


And only two weeks after that I already had cute little plants starting ! I was so excited !


I also bought some full grown plants that I turned into kokedamas and some others that I repotted in coconut halves and hung them with a macrame. I got so many compliments on them, I was really happy with my work.


I made six or seven of them (I couldn't stop making them, I was a bit obsessed) and hung them at my window so they were exposed to direct sunlight all day and I guess I kind of forgot to water them as much as they actually needed to because the one in the coconut started going red in the middle.

To water the kokedama you have to use a bowl of water and immerse the plant in the water. It's not the most convenient but I think it's the only way, really.

This kokedama above is not my favourite, it was the first one I made and the only rope material I had was acrylic yarn (yes, not optimal...).

Now I am back on Australia and I will try to make new things to sell them at the markets hehe I hope they have as much success as they did back in France !


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire